Summer is here, let’s celebrate!
June is here! With Pride Month, the start of summer, and things going back to normal, there is plenty of ways to keep yourself busy all month long. Here’s our list of the top 22 things happening in Dallas this June that we can’t wait to check out: [Featured image via Pexels]
You can still experience an absolutely magical (and safe) summer here in Dallas, and part of that is thanks to the amazing open-air spaces the city has to offer. Luckily, Fever Originals presents its wildly popular Candlelight series in the form of a ballet performance, and two intimate concerts. Shows include Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons, and Songs from Magical Movie Soundtracks.
Artwork from the iconic post-impressionist painter Vincent Van Gogh will come to life in a 360-degree digital spectacle that’ll illuminate and transform the physical space into a fully immersive exhibit. You’ll see Van Gogh’s work take over the walls and encompass your surroundings through the lenses of several dozen projectors, hyper-realistic VR headsets, or a mix of both.
Imagine stepping inside a restaurant blanketed in darkness and being served a sublime three-course meal – the flavors and textures of which are intensified by your remaining senses. Sounds a little bit incredible, right? An experience that’s been backed by psychologists as an ‘amplified’ way to enjoy food, the enticing ‘Dining In The Dark’ event is coming to Dallas in March so you can “see” for yourself.
Following the wildly successful launch of Nailed It!: Double Trouble! earlier this year, the popular at-home bake-off series is coming back with a new summery challenge. The new season, which is now streaming on Netflix, features double the contestants and double the mayhem, and once again you’re invited to partake in the pandemonium from home. Netflix has teamed up with Fever to bring the new Nailed It! season to kitchens around the country for a live bake-off home experience set to take place on June 26. Tickets must be purchased before June 7!
5-7. Sashay Away To A Drag Show Extravaganza!
Celebrate your pride with Texas drag royalty. June brings three amazing drag shows for you to live the fantasy. Read on to discover our 3 must-see drag events in Dallas this month!
- Head on over to Red Goose Saloon and witness great costume, great music, and great performances coming together in one of the most highly-rated drag shows in the US. Join host Patrick Mikyles and unleash your inner diva at this extravaganza you just will not want to miss!
- This month, Saturdays are for slaying. The Queens from La Fantaisie are fixing to set the city on fire with extravagant performances that will knock your socks off.
- Texas’ most entertaining and well-known drag show is coming to the Studio Movie Grill! Great costumes, great music, great performances. Paired with fresh house favorites or heart-healthy choices from their American Grill Menu and a full-service bar, all at the reach of a button while you enjoy the show!
Put a little hop in your step this spring with a little help from uncle whiskey. The Whiskey Spot is a one-of-a-kind tasting experience that helps develop the minds and palates of enthusiasts in the gustatory exploration of top-shelf whiskeys complimented with hand-curated bites.
- For a different whiskey experience, the bar and restaurant is hosting a Japanese Whiskey and Sushi Tasting Event on select dates this spring.
- Also, be sure to check out Whiskey Wednesdays, in which the bar and restaurant shares a refined selection of great spirits from around the world with samples of fine food – all giving an education in mixology!
10-12. Attend A Relaxing Tea Tasting From The Comfort Of Your Home
This month, Fever brings three different tea tasting events delivered straight to your doorstep. Cozy up to a tea curation inspired by the novel Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane, an educational experience with tea expert Phil Parda, or an adventurous mystery tea experience, all from the comfort of your home!
On Wednesdays this month you can enjoy the chance to exercise in a fun and exciting experience with top-quality instructors during the Sweat Sessions! Bring your mat and get ready to mindfully move your body at the OMNI hotel lawn, right in the heart of Dallas. Once you’ve finished breaking a sweat, enjoy a cocktail or mocktail in a socially-distanced socializing mixer at the Owner’s Box restaurant.
Movie theaters are back y’all! This month there are plenty of opportunities to properly catch a movie the way it’s intended, on the big screen! From outdoor screenings, to film festivals June has it all.
- The Oak Cliff Film Festival is back this year and happening later this month. Multiple venues around the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff will host an array of world premiers by some of Texas’ finest filmmakers. Tickets and the festival schedule can be found here.
- Fever has an incredible deal for you! Check out the listings and movie times of our participating AMC movie theaters, get your Fever ticket, and go have fun! Whether it’s a rainy afternoon or a special date night, AMC Theaters has your tickets to all the best comedies, action flicks, and everything in between.
- One positive thing that came from the pandemic has been the emergence of more and more outdoor cinema experiences. Now over a year later, these experiences are still going strong. Rooftop Cinema Club, a “social cinema” organization, is bringing more al fresco movie moments to Dallas this spring with their Summer Series at Heritage Village.
17. It’s time to celebrate all colors of the rainbow, Dallas Pride is back this year with in-person celebrations!
Show the world how you celebrate pride, get your rainbow flags out, glitter bombs and get ready to snatch some wigs hunty! Dallas Pride will be held at Fair Park Coliseum June 4 and 5, featuring a schedule full of exciting performances by world-famous entertainers.
18-19. Commemorate Juneteenth at one of many celebrations happening in the DFW
Juneteenth, or Freedom Day, is celebrated in the United States with increasing official recognition by the states on June 19. The holiday originated in Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1865, when Union Army troops read announced the order that proclaimed the end of slavery in Texas two after it. was outlawed nationally. by President Abraham Lincoln. Commemorate this historic holiday with one of these celebrations happening all over DFW:
- The inaugural Juneteenth Celebration, March & Festival is happening at Fair Park on June 19. The celebration will start at 10:00 a.m. with a 3.5 mile march from William Blair Jr. Park to Fair Park, followed by a festival featuring a Negro League Baseball exhibit, music performances, and many more activities. All free and open to the public!
- Dallas Southern Pride is celebrating this year with a mashup Pride Month and Juneteenth weekend celebration. Juneteenth Unity Weekend will be celebrated June 17 to 20. There will be plenty of parties, and performances by legends like Erikah Badu, Lil Kim and host Rick Ross. Tickets and more information can be found here.
Take a dive! Swimming pools, waterparks and aquatic centers are back to make your summer a splash! With the increase of COVID-19 vaccines across the state, aquatic centers across Dallas are making a comeback ready for a refreshing summer. Some swimming pools are already open for weekend use, while the rest will continue to do so throughout the summer.
21. Celebrate Pride all month with Dallas Public Library
Dallas Public Library will be hosting events celebrating Pride Month all June online and in person. Each week will have fun events for the whole family like a University of Drag where visitors can learn all about the art of drag and create their own drag persona, Pride Jeopardy, Queer Reads Bookclub, and many more! Check out the Dallas Public Library website for a full program of activities.
Whether you’re 4 or 44, playtime is a necessity. From May 28 to August 8, NERF has got your back, coming in clutch with a 90,000 square-foot fun arena straight out of your wildest childhood dream.